Saturday, November 23, 2013

Banana-Date Smoothie




I don't understand how people (other than raw vegans/plantbased) can drink smoothies for meals. When I eat I want something I can really eat. Like, chew. But when I need a really quick filling snack, smoothies are a great option. This smoothie is made with simple ingredients and if you are one of those people who can get by on ginormous smoothies for breakfast, feel free to double or triple this recipe.


This smoothie may look bland. But no! With cinnamon, dates, and flax, it is bursting with flavor and tons of nutritional boosts. Cinnamon reduces blood sugar, dates are full of fiber, and flax seeds have tons of omega-3 fatty acids. Both your body and your taste buds will thank you.


I made this smoothie last weekend for a snack before we had people over for brunch. Because I cannot wait until 11:30 to eat. What I'm going to eat for breakfast is my motivation for getting out of bed. Is that sad? Haha, but it's true....



Did I already mention there are oats in here? There are! Oats are great to add to smoothies because 1) you'll never even notice they're there, and 2) they help keep you full longer! The benefits of this smoothie are absolutely endless. Enjoy!


Recipe:
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 date, pitted & chopped
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 3 tbsp rolled oats
  • 1 tsp ground flax seeds
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • 4-6 ice cubes
Directions:
Blend all ingredients except the ice together in a blender until smooth, with no chunks. Add ice cubs until you reach the desired consistency. Drink up!




No comments :

Post a Comment

01 09 10